I just completed SkinnyMs three-day detox and it works.
Before I share my experience, I’m not a physician or nutritionist so please consult your doctor before starting. Up until last week, I'd never heard of SkinnyMs.com or visited @skinnyms Instagram.
When my friend Leah told me about this detox I said yes because it seemed attainable, affordable, and it made life easier not worrying about what I was going to eat. You actually eat on this detox which was important to me. I’m not a fan of smoothie or juice only detoxes because it’s not sustainable and your girl likes to chew lol.
I purchased all of my organic produce from Sprouts Farmers Market for about $55. Be sure to check your pantry for the non-produce items because you'll probably already have them.
What I liked
1. The coconut milk smoothie was my favorite. It’s creamy, filling and helped with my sweet tooth. I’m going to keep this is my weekly routine.
2. The Mean Green Juices. Depending on your preference, a juicer may be the best appliance for this item. I don’t own a juicer so I prepared mine in the blender. There’s a lot of pulp and it was difficult to drink on day one.
On day two, I peeled my veggies, strained the pulp, and added ice. It was very good and refreshing. Below is one I created including a pear, green apple, cucumber, parsley, peeled lemon, water and celery.
3. Mixed Green Salad. I chose the mixed green salad in the photo and added tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, avocado and a few walnuts. My dressing was lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Simple but good. I’m keeping this salad in my rotation and I'll add some grilled shrimp or chicken to it this week. You can also do the cucumber, tomato and avocado salad.
4. I enjoyed trying new herbs and veggies that I normally don’t purchase .
5. The detox helped me cut out the snacking. No sparkling water, Skinny Pop Popcorn, or Animal Crackers. Just walnuts, almonds, veggies and water.
My least favorite
The Flush The Fat Away Vegetable Soup was my least favorite because it lacked flavor. I went chose Navy Beans instead of Black Beans but either are fine. Once I added onion powder, garlic powder and Mrs. Dash to the recipe, it was much better. If you prefer creamy or thick soups like me, add a cup of the soup to a blender. Blend for a few minutes and then add it back to your soup pot. This process will thicken it up.
I lost 4lbs from Friday - Sunday and I feel really good. I chose to not workout during the detox but I still did my meditations using the Peleton App. By the way, the Peleton strength training and bike bootcamps classes are my favorites.
I’m headed back to the doctor for my 12-month postpartum check-up soon and hopefully I'll meet by OBGYN's goal of being 20lbs lighter. Let me know if you try this detox.